Are you a superstar with stand-out skills to help keep shiny our crown as one of Australia’s top cloud hosting companies? Are you looking for a dynamic, progressive employer who thinks that standard is just boring? Then we want to hear from you!
We’re Digital Pacific and we’re on the hunt for new additions to our dream team. Based in Sydney, we’re a cool crew of 50, with one mission in mind – to keep our customers happy and our competitors envious. Small businesses and large brands globally rely on our ability to keep their websites on top form, through leading-edge hosting solutions, outstanding service and support that meets the demands of modern day business.
Digital Pacific’s success is thanks to our people, so we strive to create an environment where people’s contributions are valued.
Don’t think for one second that life is dull at Digital Pacific HQ. Join us and you’ll benefit from a creative, fun environment that’s all about kicking goals, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be. If you’ve got cracking ideas, we’re all ears. You’ll get all the support and encouragement you need to fast-track your career and enjoy the ride too. The slushie machine, office Segway and unlimited soft drinks are all permanent fixtures here. You’ll also get a hot seat in our ultra-cool Circular Quay offices. Harbour view comes as standard. If you don’t believe us, take a peek around our careers portal.
We’re on the hunt for a talented and driven Pre-Sales Cloud Architect to support our sales team and work with our customers to design and build custom solutions that meet their business needs and exceed their expectations in terms of delivery. You will be the first point of call for customers throughout the sales process and delivery cycle, from solution design and implementation. This role calls for someone with great technical expertise, with the ability to articulate technology and communicate the value of our products and services to all levels in the business.
- Work with the sales team to understand customer needs and translate them into custom solutions that meet their business needs
- Be the technical point of contact for prospects, customers and the sales team
- Perform technical discovery with customers in order to design and build custom solutions
- Make architectural recommendations, troubleshoot development and configuration issues and manage escalation to other departments where needed
- Work with sales team to respond to technical elements of RFPs, providing breakdowns, network diagrams, and migration strategies where appropriate
- Manage the process from providing solution to delivery, working closely with the operations team to deliver the solution.
- Educate and translate technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical
- Create and deliver custom product demonstrations to support the sales team
Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years experience in a Pre-Sales Cloud Architect role or similar, preferably within a web hosting environment
- Proven ability to translate & present complex solutions to all levels within the business
- Experience in conducting remote investigations into prospects existing server infrastructure
- Experience performing Windows based migrations
- Working knowledge across operating systems (Windows, Linux) including migrations, installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Able to work with a variety of hypervisor flavours desired but not essential
- Track record of designing load balanced solutions with appropriate HA / clustered database setups to suit requirements
- Able to architect for both cloud VPS and dedicated server infrastructure setups
- Remote desktop as a service / active directory integrations experience a plus
- Strong commercial skills and an awareness of the sales process, as well as a strong technical ability
- Ability to think on your feet when faced with challenging questions within a sales environment
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Great attention to detail with analytical & problems solving skills
- Great listener who can translate customer needs into solutions.
- Great communicator with excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Self motivated with a drive for excellence
- Full of new ideas - this is a new role and your ideas will be valued & acted upon
READY TO GET ON BOARD?
If you think you’ve got the goods, click the "Apply Now" button now and tell us why you think you’d rock this role and how foolish we’d be to overlook you.